We are getting a lot of questions regarding this year's prices. We always try to be as transparent as possible, so here is what's happening.
The current price is last year's out of sale price, which has not gone up. We love to spoil our customers with a great sale price every now and then, but we won't be able to go as crazy as last year because of the following reasons:
- The price of raw materials has gone up due to a global increased demand for products.
- The US Dollar compared to the Chinese Renminbi is making the products more expensive.
- There is a global shortage in shipping containers, meaning that the number of containers we ordered has now been reduced to a third. We physically can’t get more containers to ship out more garden furniture.
- The shipping price for containers is almost 6 times more than last year, due to this shortage.
- Last year, when on sale, we sold our garden sets too cheap, hence the crazy demand. Because our customers were trying for weeks/months to get their hands on our furniture, we wanted to keep honouring that sale price, which we did. As with other retailers, "Sale" comes and goes.
We are now at the start of the new season for garden furniture and hope to be able to have a constant supply. We don’t want to be sold out all the time, as that was too stressful for our customers last year.
Unfortunately, we are not the only import company navigating these challenging times, which means that you will find more products that have gone up in price or are unavailable to buy.
Hopefully this makes sense, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Please stay safe,
Team Club Rattan